OFFICE OF FOREIGN ASSETS CONTROL
Belarus Sanctions Regulations
31 CFR part 548
GENERAL LICENSE NO. 3
Authorizing Certain Transactions with the State Security Committee of the Republic of Belarus
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this general license, all transactions and activities prohibited by the Belarus Sanctions Regulations, 31 CFR part 548 (the BSR), involving the State Security Committee of the Republic of Belarus (the Belarusian KGB) are authorized, provided that such transactions and activities are necessary and ordinarily incident to:
(1) Requesting, receiving, utilizing, paying for, or dealing in licenses, permits, certifications, or notifications issued or registered by the Belarusian KGB for the importation, distribution, or use of information technology products in Belarus, provided that (i) the exportation, reexportation, or provision of any goods or technology that are subject to the Export Administration Regulations, 15 CFR parts 730 through 774, is licensed or otherwise authorized by the Department of Commerce; and (ii) the payment of any fees to the Belarusian KGB for such licenses, permits, certifications, or notifications does not exceed $5,000 in any calendar year;
Note to paragraph (a)(1). Except for the limited purposes described in paragraph (a)(1), this paragraph does not authorize the exportation, reexportation, or provision of goods or technology to or on behalf of the Belarusian KGB.
(2) Complying with law enforcement or administrative actions or investigations involving the Belarusian KGB; and
(3) Complying with rules and regulations administered by the Belarusian KGB.
(b) This general license does not authorize:
(1) The transfer of any property or debiting of any account blocked pursuant to any Executive order, statute, or 31 CFR chapter V; or
(2) Any transactions or activities otherwise prohibited by the BSR, prohibited by any other part of 31 CFR chapter V, statute, or Executive order, or involving any blocked person other than the blocked person described in paragraph (a) of this general license.
Bradley T. Smith
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Dated: June 21, 2021